If you are the victim of a data breach, know that you are not alone. You or someone close to you may have questions you would like to discuss with a professional. On this page, you will find helpful hotline phone numbers and chat service addresses. Please note that all of the listed services are not available in English.
Municipalities’ emergency social and crisis services
- Helplines accept calls 24/7. Calls are free of charge.
- See the website of your municipality of residence for the contact details.
- Emergency social and crisis services can also help you assess your need for other services or crisis assistance.
- The authorities providing emergency social and crisis services may, where necessary, be assisted by volunteers or aid organisations. The provision of emergency crisis services is a statutory duty of municipal social and health care providers.
Vastaamo crisis hotline
- Tel. +358 44 4141 997
- Available Fri until 21.00, Sat 10.00–14.00 and 17.00–21.00, Sun 10.00–21.00.
MIELI Mental Health Finland national crisis helpline
- National crisis helpline in Finnish available 24/7, tel. +358 9 2525 0111. Crisis helpline in English available Mon–Tue 11.00–15.00, Wed 13.00–16.00 and 17.00–21.00, Thu 10.00–15.00, tel. +358 9 2525 0113.
- For more information, see the MIELI Mental Health Finland website (External link)
National Crisis Centre network run by MIELI Mental Health Finland
- The Crisis Centres offer remote video and telephone appointments.
- Help can be sought anonymously and free of charge, and discussions are not recorded.
- You can book an appointment with a crisis counsellor. In-person, telephone and video appointments are available.
- For the link to book an appointment, see the MIELI Mental Health Finland website (External link)
MIELI Mental Health Finland support group for victims of the Vastaamo data breach
- If you would like to discuss your thoughts and experience regarding the events related to the data breach, sign up for the support group.
- For more information, see the leaflet produced by MIELI (in Finnish)
Victim Support Finland
- RIKUchat chat service (External link)
- Helpline, tel. +358 116 006
- In Finnish Mon–Fri 9.00–20.00
- In Swedish Mon–Fri 12.00–14.00
- If you wish to contact the service in English, please use the contact form on the Victim Support Finland (External link) website.
Mannerheim League for Child Welfare helplines
Chat and telephone helpline for parents
- tel. +358 800 92277
- Mon 10.00–13.00 and 17.00–20.00
- Tue 10.00–13.00 and 17.00–20.00
- Wed 10.00–13.00
- Thu 14.00–20.00
- chat for parents (External link) (link to website)
Chat and telephone helpline for children and young people
- tel. +358 116 111
- Mon–Fri 14.00–20.00
- Sat–Sun 17.00–20.00
- chat (External link) (link to website)
Counselling services of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland
- Telephone hotline, tel. +358 400 22 11 80 (local network rate/mobile charge), open every day 18.00–24.00.
- Chat available Mon–Fri 12.00–20.00. Counselling is provided on a one-to-one basis and can be sought anonymously.
- Chat service link (External link)
Consumers’ Union of Finland
- Legal assistance hotline for consumers and patients, tel. +358 9 454 22150 (local network rate/mobile charge)
- The hotline answers questions regarding the rights of customers and patients in the context of the Vastaamo data breach.
- On Mondays 9-11 and 13-15